ENGINE PARTS UK LTD places the utmost importance on our client’s privacy. Therefore, all information collected at this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, loaned, or otherwise disclosed.
ENGINE PARTS UK LTD may amend this policy at some point in the future. In case of any concern about your privacy, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
ENGINE PARTS UK LTD ("We" or "Our" or " Engine Parts") understands that its use of your information requires your trust. Engine Parts is committed to the highest standards of data privacy and will only use your information for clearly described purposes and in accordance with your data protection rights.
Engine Parts UK Ltd as Data Controllers and our responsibilities:
Engine Parts is the Data Controller and is responsible for the personal information that it receives through the ENGINE PARTS website.
Engine Parts UK Ltd may amend this policy at some point in the future. In case of any concern about your privacy, please send us an email at email@example.com
How do we collect your personal information?
These are the main ways we collect your information:
- If you contact us directly via our website, email or via our telephone or fax numbers to request information about our products and services.
- If you buy a product or service directly from us.
- If you request access to our online documentation
- If you reply to our direct marketing campaigns.
- If we acquired your personal data from other sources with your permission.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Please help us to keep your information up to date by informing us of any changes to your contact details or preferences. You may request an update of your information or for information to be 'forgotten' as per GDPR guidelines by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What information may be collected about you.
The following types of personal information about you may be collected:
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- The information you provide us about your interests.
- Including the product categories, you are interested in.
Website and Communication Usage
Sales and Services Information
- Relating to purchases and services, including complaints and claims.
How your personal information may be used.
Use of personal information under EU data protection laws must be justified under one of a number of legal grounds and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use in this policy. An explanation of the scope of the grounds available can be found at the ICO website Visit Website
The main uses of your information are:
Customer Support and Marketing - to respond to enquiries and to bring you news and offers.
Engine Parts UK Ltd use your personal data for customer care and for personalised communication of product and service information, where necessary with your consent.
In order to ensure that you receive relevant and personalised communications, we may use your data to create an individual customer profile.
Quality Assurance, Research and Development – to improve our products and services.
Engine Parts may use any of the information that it receives, through the provision of services for product and service quality assurance and development purposes. Before any such use is undertaken your information will be de-personalised so it cannot be directly linked back to you.
Compliance with legal requests for your information – to comply with our legal obligations to law enforcement, regulators and the court service.
We may be legally required to provide your information to law enforcement agencies, regulators and courts and third-party litigants in connection with proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
Legal grounds for the processing of your personal information.
The use of your information set out above is permitted under EU data protection law, on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
- Where you have consented to the use (you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time through contacting Engine Parts via email (email@example.com ) or phone ( 01708 890494 ).
- Writing to us at ENGINE PARTS UK LTD 14-17 Thurrock Commercial Park, Purfleet Ind Estate, Essex RM14 5YA to enter into or perform our contract with you.
- Where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations.
- Where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting the Engine Parts UK Ltd business and tailoring news and offers to your profile, research and development of engine parts related products and services, assessing your credit-worthiness, detecting fraud and criminal activities).
- Where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us, or a third party.
There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the ground and communicate it to you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
Transfer to third parties.
Personal information which we collect may be transferred to third parties on your behalf, only with your consent.
This is only shared in a secure manner, using a consistent security protocol. When we share with other parties, we ensure that they only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected and do not allow them to abuse this agreement.
The types of third parties apart from Engine Parts UK Ltd are:
- Marketing agencies who run and manage marketing campaigns on our behalf.
- Event companies who run and manage sponsored events on our behalf.
How do we keep your personal information safe?
We use a variety of security measures, including encryption, to help protect and maintain the security, integrity and availability of your information.
Although data transmission over the Internet or website cannot be guaranteed to be secure, we and our business partners work hard to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements. Our main security measures are:
- Tightly restricted personal access to your data on a "need to know" basis and for the communicated purpose only.
- Transferred collected data only in encrypted form.
- Highly confidential data stored only in encrypted form - e.g. credit card information.
- Firewalled IT systems to prohibit unauthorised access e.g. from hackers.
- Monitored access to IT systems to detect and stop misuse of personal data.
If you have a personal password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites or any other portal, app or service we operate. Do not forget your responsibility for keeping this password confidential. We ask you to use a password that is of reasonable strength and not to share your password with anyone.
How long we keep your personal information for.
We retain your information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained them and any other permitted linked purposes. If the information is used for two purposes we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires, but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires.
We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose.
Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised or destroyed securely.
Use for marketing:
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary, but only for the relevant purpose that we collected it for. You retain the right to remove this consent at any point.
Use to perform a contract:
In relation to your information used to perform any contractual obligation with you, we may retain that data whilst the contract remains in force plus one year to deal with any queries or claims thereafter.
Where claims are contemplated:
In relation to any information where we reasonably believe it will be necessary to defend or prosecute or make a claim against you, us, or a third party, we may retain that data for as long as that claim could be pursued.
Who may we share your information with?
Engine Parts UK Ltd is a global company. Your personal information may be accessed by our staff, agents or contractors from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for any of the purposes set out, in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the EEA. We will ensure that any of your information that is accessible outside the EEA is handled subject to appropriate safeguards.
How to change your privacy preferences.
You can change your preferences, or withdraw your consent in relation to how Engine Parts use your personal information in one of the following ways:
- You are able to request information about your data stored at Engine Parts UK Ltd as well as request the correction, deletion or restriction of your personal data for analytics and/or marketing use.
- By contacting Engine Parts via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (01708 890494).
- Or by writing to us at Engine Parts UK Ltd 14-17 Thurrock Commercial Park, Purfleet Ind Estate, Essex. RM15 4YA
- Under certain conditions, you have the right to require us to:
- Provide you with further detail on the use we make of your information.
- Provide you with a copy of your information.
- Update any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
- Delete any information about you that we no longer have a lawful ground to use.
- Remove you from any direct marketing lists when you object or withdraw your consent.
- Provide you with your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability).
- Restrict our use of your personal information.
- Cease carrying out certain processing activities based on the legitimate interests ground unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently, we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service Visit Website
More information on session cookies and what they are used for Visit Website